Cauliflower pizza with goat’s cheese and broccoli
Instead of dough, make a pizza base with cauliflower with garlic, parmesan and mozzarella then top it with Tenderstem broccoli and goat’s cheese.
- 1 large cauliflower
- 1 large free-range egg
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 25g parmesan, grated
- 25g mozzarella, torn
- 1 x 227g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp oregano
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- 200g Tenderstem broccoli
- 50g goat’s cheese with rind, sliced
- 50g black olives
- 20g pine nuts, toasted
- Small handful fresh basil, torn
- Rocket salad, to serve
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6 and line a large oven tray with greaseproof paper. To make the pizza base, whizz the cauliflower in a food processor to a fine, crumb-like texture. Place in a microwave-proof bowl and cover with cling film. Microwave on the highest setting for 3-4 minutes until steamed.
- When cool enough to handle, tip the cauliflower onto a clean tea towel and wring out all the excess liquid. Repeat several times until completely dry. Place in a large bowl and mix in the egg, garlic, parmesan and mozzarella. Season well and use your hands to bring the mixture together to form a ball.
- Transfer the cauliflower ball to the tray and flatten with your fingers, forming a round about 1cm thick. Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden and it holds its shape.
- Meanwhile, blitz the chopped tomatoes in the food processor until smooth. Pour into a saucepan and add the tomato paste, balsamic vinegar, oregano and chilli flakes. Bring to a boil then simmer until thick and spreadable, about 5 minutes.
- Steam the Tenderstem until just cooked through, but still retaining a little bite. Spread the tomato sauce on the pizza base, then top with the Tenderstem, goat’s cheese and black olives. Return to the oven for a further 10 minutes until the cheese starts to melt. Sprinkle with the pine nuts and basil and serve with a rocket salad.