Cheesy Ground Beef Tacos
Enjoy the perfect combination of cheesy and beefy goodness with these unreal tacos. We promise you’ll be so obsessed with this zesty, flavorful filling, you’ll want to eat it with a spoon. When a taco craving strikes, nothing else will do
What kind of beef should you use?
Use whatever ground beef you like best here. We usually go with 80% lean 20% fat.
Do I need to use taco seasoning?
Nope! If you don’t have taco seasoning at home, you can turn to our trusty homemade taco seasoning recipe. Combine whatever spices you have from our recipe, then augment with whole ingredients. For example, sub in chopped garlic or onions for garlic and onion powder, or add a splash of hot sauce if you’re short on chili powder.
What kind of cheese is best for tacos?
Depends on what you’re looking for. For a melty cheese, cheddar or Monterey Jack are best. For a more authentic garnish, try crumbled cotija or queso blanco!
Can I make the beef ahead of time?
Yep! Leftovers heat up well in the microwave or in a skillet over low heat.
Made these yet? Let us know how it went in the comments below!
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 (15-oz.) can fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 (15-oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp. taco seasoning
- kosher salt
- 2 c. shredded cheddar or pepper jack
- 8 Small flour tortillas
- Sliced green onions, for serving
- Sour cream, for serving
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook onion until soft, 6 minutes. Add beef and cook until no longer pink, 5 to 7 minutes more, then add tomatoes, black beans, and taco seasoning and season with salt. Stir until combined. Add cheese and stir until completely melted.
- Spoon mixture into flour tortillas and fold. Garnish with green onions and serve with sour cream.