Cilantro Lime Salmon Taquitos
Crispy golden brown tortilla rolls stuffed with juicy cilantro lime salmon and plenty of melted cheese that are perfect just by themselves or smothered in all the fix ins!
- 1 pound cilantro salmon, cooked and flaked
- 1/4 cup salsa verde
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 12 corn tortillas
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- Mix the salmon, salsa, cheese and cilantro.
- Working one at a time, warm the tortillas in a damp paper towel in the microwave for 20 seconds to soften, place 2 tablespoons of the mixture in the centre, roll the tortilla up and pin it closed with a toothpick.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet, working in batches add the rolls and cook until golden brown and crispy on all sides, about 4-6 minutes, and set aside on paper towels.
- Enjoy while warm with salsa verde, sour cream and guacamole for dipping or make a meal out of it and serve them on a bed of lettuce topped with guacamole, pico de gallo, crumbled queso fresco and hot sauce!
Bake the taquitos by placing them on a greased baking pan, lightly spraying them with oil and baking in a preheated 400F oven until golden brown and crispy, about 8-12 minutes.