CLASSIC ROAST BEEF
You’ll be amazed at how easy it is to make Classic Roast Beef! Perfect for any holiday meal or Sunday dinner, this recipe is always a winner. The whole family is going to love this one!
- 3 pound beef, bottom round roast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit with your oven rack in the bottom or second to bottom slot. Place your beef roast into a roasting pan (or 9×13 pan or cast iron skillet).
- In a small bowl, stir together olive oil, pepper, salt, garlic powder, and onion powder. Rub oil mixture onto the outside of the roast to cover all sides.
- Roast beef in the oven for 1 hour. At the 1 hour point, start testing the internal temperature of your roast as close to the center as possible. Continue to roast until internal temperature reaches 135 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove roast from oven and let rest 10 minutes before carving.