Low calorie salmon and broccoli traybake with spring onion and chilli
This healthy supper is full of fresh flavours and also ticks the quick-and-simple-to-make box. Give our salmon and spring onion tray bake a try for dinner.
- 1 large red chilli, half chopped, half finely slice
- 1 bunch spring onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 5cm piece fresh ginger, grated
- 3 garlic cloves, grated
- 3 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1½ tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 4 small (90g each) sustainable salmon fillets
- 1 large broccoli head (around 300g), cut into florets
- Cooking oil spray
- Micro herbs or freshly picked small coriander leaves (we used Asian Salad Mix by Growing Underground, from Ocado) to serve
- Mix the chopped chilli, half the chopped spring onions and the ginger, garlic, soy and rice wine vinegar in a large bowl. Add the salmon fillets and set aside to marinate for at least 15 minutes.
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6. Line a shallow roasting tin with non-stick baking paper. Add the broccoli, spray with the cooking oil and cook in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Push the broccoli to the sides of the roasting tin, put the salmon pieces in the middle of the tin, then drizzle with any marinade left in the bowl. Cook for another 12-15 minutes until the salmon is cooked to your liking. Sprinkle over the reserved spring onions, sliced chilli and micro herbs/coriander, then serve straightaway.
- If you’re only serving 2, cool the leftover salmon, cover and store in the fridge for up to 3 days. Use in salads or to make fishcakes.