Make This Fresh Watermelon Margarita
This fresh watermelon margarita is the perfect cocktail for summer! It’s ready in about 5 minutes, made with fresh, homemade watermelon juice and is perfect served on the rocks with a little salt.
- 2 ½ -3 cups diced watermelon 1 1/4 cup juice
- 3 ounces white tequila about 1/3 cup
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 3 tbsp orange liqueur*
- ice & salt for serving
- Add the cubed watermelon to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Run through a fine mesh strainer to remove the pulp/any seeds. I usually do this twice to make sure it's really smooth, but once should be plenty. You should be left with about 1 1/4 cup of fresh juice, but don't worry if you're a little over/under.
- Add the watermelon juice and all ingredients to a large cocktail shaker with ice. Shake for about 30 seconds.
- Salt the rim of two glasses (optional) and fill with ice. Pour the margarita over ice, garnish with fresh lime wedges and enjoy!
I find the watermelon adds plenty of sweetness as is, but if you prefer a sweeter margarita, you can add in 1-2 tablespoons of agave. To salt the rim, add the margarita salt to a plate, run a lime wedge across the rim of the glass to get it wet, then run the rim of the glass around the salt so all sides are covered. Easy! For the orange liqueur, you can use Grand Marnier, Cointreau or triple sec. If you’re in a pinch you can leave it out, but traditional margaritas always contain orange liqueur, so I recommend it for the best flavor!