Sun-dried Tomato Pesto Cauliflower Salad
These Sun-dried Tomato Pesto Cauliflower Salad is packed with flavour and perfect for a quick healthy lunch during your busy week.
For The Salad
- 1 small cauliflower head cut in florets
- 4 cups Romaine lettuce chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes cut in half
- ½ cup red onions sliced
- 2 medium boiled eggs cut in quarter
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- ½ teaspoon fresh parsley chopped
For The Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto
- 3 garlic clove
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 1 cup sun-dried tomato packed in olive oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- Steam the cauliflower head by filling a large pot with about 2 cups of water and place a steamer basket in the bottom.
- Bring the water to a boil. Place the cauliflower florets into the steamer basket.
- Cover the pot and steam until the cauliflower florets are fork tender (6-8 minutes).
- Remove from the heat and let the cauliflower cool down for 5 minutes.
- In a food processor add all the ingredients for the sun-dried tomato pesto and process on low for about 1 or 2 minutes.
- Place the steamed cauliflower in bowl and add 3 tablespoons of the sun-dried tomato pesto which you just made (save the rest of the sun-dried tomato pesto to other recipes like this one). Mix well together to combine.
- In a large salad bowl, add Romaine lettuces, cherry tomatoes, red onions and boiled eggs.
- In a mason jar, pour the freshly squeezed lemon juice and olive oil. Add salt, pepper and whisk everything together. Continue to whisk while streaming in the olive oil. Taste to check the seasoning.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well.
- Add the cauliflower and garnish it with fresh parsley. Enjoy!