The perfect everyday, gluten-free, vegan granola with just the right amount of crunch. It’s not too heavy-handed with any single flavor, and has the perfect amount of sweetness.
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup almond slices (raw, unsalted)
- 1/4 cup flax seeds (raw)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom (ground)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup coconut flakes (unsweetened, raw)
- 3/4 cup dried fruit (chopped, I used cranberries)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Mix the oats, almonds, flax seeds, salt, cinnamon, and cardamom together in a large bowl. Stir thoroughly to combine.
- Add in the olive oil, maple syrup, and vanilla. Stir to evenly coat the dry ingredients with the wet.
- Turn the granola out onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake in the oven for about 40 minutes, or until golden, stirring every 10 minutes to make sure the granola is cooking evenly.
- Stir in the coconut flakes in the last 10 minutes of baking.
- Remove from the oven and add the chopped cranberries. Stir to combine.
- Let cool before eating. Don't worry if it still seems a little wet when you take it out of the oven, it will crisp up in the cooling process.